Friday, April 10, 2009

Hey, guys! I'm skipping last week's songs cuz I lost track. It's Spring Break. I have reason. So...Monday's song!!!!!!! Adam's Song by Blink 182!!!!!!
This is an awesome band. Tom, Travis, and Mark... Swoon...
:-) LOL.

So, watch the vid! I'm gonna be posting seperate blogs for the songs of the day of this week. Tuesday's will be the next blog. Then Wednesday's....yeah. You get it. And they're gonna talk about the band, why I like them, why I chose the song...
All that good stuff. :-)

Let's get started.

Monday was kind of like waking up and realizing, "Wow. I don't have to go to school." I slept in. I had lunch. I watched TV. And then my mom ruined it by making me do chores. Ugh...shudder. I've been texting my friends all week. We went to Wednesday Night Live at church, we went to the zoo yesterday. So far, it has been awesome! Anyway, on Monday, I did not get to see the House episode where the best actor ever, quit. Kal Penn played Kutner. He then decided that he wanted to join the Obama administration which then got my dad on a roll with jokes.

Dad: So they put him in a house that's white and give him stuff to do. He's gonna be like, "So this is the White House? It looks smaller up close." "Yeah, that's the camera angle."

:-( Kal is hilarious.

So--
SPOILER ALERT FOR ALL WHO HAVE NOT SEEN LAST LAST MONDAY'S HOUSE EPISODE!!!!!

Kutner killed himself. But he was always working hard on the team...blah blah blah...
Anyway, I picked this song to dedicate to him. Kutner, not Kal. Yeah. Okay. I'm gonna stop talking before I lose ALL of my dignity.

I really really really love this song. I think it's because it shows how real suicide is. And depression. And depression isn't something to be ashamed of. If you're seeing a therpist or a shrink or whatever, it's good. It's healthy. When suicide becomes an idea, that's when you really need to talk to someone. A school therapist, a parent, or just a friend. Did you know that one out of every twenty kids are depressed? So if we have aproximately 400 kids at Foothills, there's a good chance that at least 20 kids are suffering from depression. As much as kids try ot ignore it, it doesn't go away without help. Listen to the song. Really listen.

"I never thought I'd die alone. I laughed the loudest. Who'd have known?"
"I'm too depressed to go on. You'll be sorry when I'm gone."

It's the kids that don't talk about about death that you have to worry about. When they make a big show of it--eyeliner, black clothing, talking about what they're gonna do to themselves--there's something there that's sad. But it's small. When they stay quiet, when they hide, something's up. And that sucks because you can't tell. They laugh but inside they're crying and fighting to stay above water. If someone reaches out, you damn sure better help them. They might not be there the next day.

Now that all the serious stuff is out of the way, there's this really funny thing that I definitely have to show you. :-) It's from Hot Rod. Check it out.

LOL!

So, Rod is the guy in the beginning. Then Kevin, Rico, and Dane. Or Dave. Or something like that. But it's funny. :-)

LUV U ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment