Wednesday, March 4, 2009

SRY!

Hey, guys, sorry I haven't written since Sunday! I've been so caught up in school work and flute lessons, I just can't seem to find time to sit and write! UGH!
So, just so you know, the first five parts of this book I'm writing have been finally finished and almost perfected. :-) I'm very happy about that. :-) See? I can't stop smiling? :-)
I have a lot of catching up to do!

Monday: Over My Head by The Fray
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpiEEl_5pmA
This song is number one most listened to on my iPod. OMG, so, so good! This was sixth grade! Along with "Welcome to my Life" by Simple Plan. Both of those songs together practically sum up my sixth grade year. Sucky, huh?

Tuesday: Forever and Always by Taylor Swift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2nWTysmDw&feature=related
I still haven't put this song on my iPod, but I have the CD. The title sounds all happy and then, BAM, really depressing song. But, it, like, totally shows up whoever she wrote it for. But...guess who she wrote it for! :-) In an interview, Taylor said she wrote this song the day Joe Jonas broke up with her and then squeezed in on the album at the last second. Ironically enough, before I even knew that, this was my absolute favorite song in the CD and I hate the Jonas Brothers. Sorry, to everybody who likes them, but I personally do not see your attraction to them. They're ugly--*shudder*--and the only one who can sing is Nick. :-P

Today/Wednesday: What About Now by Chris Daughtry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqTzrUJNtyU
AH! This song made me cry the first time I heard it! So AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't really know why I picked it, but it's such a good song. :-) I'm actually listening to it right now and I think I'm gonna start cying. "What if our love never weared away? What if it's lost behind words we could never find? What about now? What about today? What if you're making me all that I was meant to be? What if our love never weared away? What if it's lost behind words we could never find? Baby, before it's too late, baby, before it's too late, baby, before it's too late! What about now?" :-) SQUEE!

I have a message for some people who wear Abercrombie out there:
U R ABERZOMBIES!
Have u seen how many people at Foothills wear Abercrombie and Hollister? It's insane! They are plain T-shirts with "Abercrombie and Fitch" written on them and they cost 40 bucks! Just get a plain ten dollar shirt and write on it in a marker! GOSH!
Celeste and I are trying to work something out to mix Monster with Hollister, but, when you mix them, it just makes Hollister. Weird.

Can you guys believe how much drama there is this year?! In fifth grade at HO, all the girls were going through so much drama that the principle called us to have a meeting and I'm starting to think we might need that again.
One--people are asking other people out. NEWS FLASH! We're 12-13 year olds, not 15-16 year olds! Your parents cannot seriously be okay with you going out with someone! That's just my opinion, BTW.
Two--what if you're not ready to date? People may put pressure on you, but, you need to know how to say, "I'm too young, I don't feel comfortable with it," and not let them pressure you!
Three--girls are fighting with each other about boys and grades and sports and competition. There are so many petty arguments that it's making me sick. Like, someone wrote a nasty hate letter to someone else and a third party got ahold of it, then, ten seconds later it was all resolved?! What's up with that?!
Finally--stop gossiping! That's what makes all of this started in the first place. Every insignificant word you say will be misunderstood and planted into someone's mind so that your little words might turn into a fist fight!
Sorry, I just needed to vent. That felt good. :-)

I was thinking, since this is my life through the arts, and literature is an art, maybe I should recommend some books. I'm pretty sure you all know how much I read, and, if you're having trouble finding new books, you could come and look a list of good books.

1) The Inkheart Trilogy: Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
It's told in third person POV and each chapter is told like a little novel. There's suspense and action, romance--a very, very, very little--and blood! The Adderhead is an evil ruler and his menacing henchmen will literally leap off the pages and take you to the Inkworld. Each chapter is started with a quote from a different book. It's like the ultimate book series about books. :-)

2) The Percy Jackson Series: The Lightening Theif, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, and The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
Uh, yeah, sadly, the final one, "The Last Olympian" doesn't come out until May 5th, but...UGH! All of them are devastatingly good page-turners filled with sword fights, magic, Greek Gods, manipulation, secrets, and prophecies. In the Battle of the Labyrinth, a little romance is worked in. The author is amazing! I seriously recommend it.

3) Dog Gone It by Spencer Quinn
My dad and I signed up for this thing on Amazon where they send you books to read and review before they're put on sale. This book was sent a while ago and I couldn't put it down. I finished it in a day! Stephen King recommended it! AH! It's about Chet--the dog who tells the story--and Bernie--the private investigator--who solve crimes while looking real good and staying smooth. Sort of. Bernie needs a little help in the women department... But, OMG, when it comes out or if you wanna borrow it, it's such a page-turner! It's told from the dog's perspective!

I guess I have to do shout outs, don't I? Huh....

Sarah Beckon, Nicole Lum--You will always get the credit for making me create this site. :-) And when everyone gets sick of it and begs me to stop writing, I'll turn them to you. LOL!
Simone--I've been praying for you and your mom, and I promise not to stop. She'll be okay.
Abby--I'm speechless. Sorry...I...I'm speechless...
Celeste--I swear, one of these days, I will just sprout up another inch and finally be taller than you! UGH! BTW, did you see the new NCIS episode. I didn't record it. So sad!
Ariana--Your B-DAY partay on friday! Hey, I can rhyme! YAY!
Ashley--Dinosaurs and FBI agents. Fun.
Lily--You are so lucky you missed Sunday's sermon! OMG! Gross! *shudder*
Alex, Kevin, Jonathan, Chauncey, Eddy, all of my guy friends that I'm forgetting--You guys are the only people that make me want to smile every second of every minute of everyday! :-) Kevin, you're lucky about the sermon also. Sarah knows what I'm talking about. Whoa. Chauncey, I swear, if I ever call you "Chaun-Chaun" again, you can torture me anyway you want to. Eddy, only TWO MORE MONTHS!! We will pull through. We will be strong for Percy and Annabeth. And Grover, too, I guess. Alex, congrats on the new phone! Rock on! Jonathan, even if you're not an Aberzombie, you're a Hollister. That means Hollister and Monster put together. But, whatever, you knew that if you read the above part. :-)

Now my mom wants me to go practice my flute. So, if I don't write tomorrow, you will know why. :-)
LUV U ALL!
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment